Greater research impact and industrially relevant breakthroughs, two of several expected outcomes of WIRA. We expect WIRA to be a unique opportunity for testing, upscaling and developing scientific theories outside the lab in industrially relevant settings. The Main objectives of the WIRA are to increase the value and relevance of research and to shorten knowledge transfer between academia and industry.
Values of Engaging in WIRA
Ideally, we would like to have many WIRA and all WISE researchers (faculty as well as students) to find at least one WIRA that is relevant to improve research impact and as an important component for dissemination.
WISE PhD students and Postdoctoral researchers
- Validate the potential of your research results and improve impact
- Gain access to state-of-the-art resources
- Grow your network with others in the WISE community and Swedish industry
- Collaborate with leading industrial researchers
- Inspiration and well-grounded sense of relevance when formulating new research challenges
- Support WISE Graduate School Project Courses
- Influence research agendas
- Gain access to research results
- Visibility to brilliant WISE students and faculty members
Propose and establish a WIRA
Proposals for starting arenas can be initiated either by industry or academia. Most important is to have a company that is willing to take a lead for the proposed WIRA. Ideas can always be discussed with the WIRA Director.
A description of WIRA Process, how to propose and establish, has been decided by the WISE board and can dowloaded below.